Frontline Support for Your Employees’ Mental Health
Careers at Marketplace Chaplains
The Senior Accountant position will be based in Plano, Texas and will report to the Controller. The position will help prepare and support financial reporting including audited financial statements, Board of Directors reports, internal management reports, and financial analysis of operations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Upholds the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of Marketplace Chaplains in day-to-day activities.
Responsible for all updates to customer information in our accounting and customer management system.
Manage all internal and external inquiries regarding invoicing, adjustments, and current customer balances.
Accurate and timely completion of monthly and quarterly invoicing.
Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing accounting procedures.
Evaluate and analyze results for all financial accounts.
Assist in preparation of financial statements.
Perform general accounting tasks and reconciliations.
Support the CFO and Controller on projects as needed.
Responsible for Marketplace Ministries Foundation accounting procedures and reporting
Ensures records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
The preferred candidate will have a background of providing a real business impact. Displays a strong business acumen, and a style that is proactive and engaging as an accounting leader.
A minimum professional experience of at 3-5 years in Accounting or Finance.
Strong grounding in accounting, processes, and controls.
Strong knowledge of creating and evaluating Financial Reports.
Possesses demonstrated Financial Analytics skills and ability to interpret Financial data.
Experience interacting with multiple business functions. Ability to relate/empathize with Operational field leaders and Chaplains that are serving our clients.
Knowledge of current trends and developments in financial and accounting practices.
Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), preparing budgets, and conducting analyses.
Knowledge and understanding of policies, federal and state regulations as they apply to accounting and financial activities.
Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diplomacy, patience, and courtesy with diverse groups; ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships while providing exceptional customer service. Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues. Skills and knowledge to provide strategic guidance and counsel in the assessment and development of existing and/or proposed practices and systems.
Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate and interact effectively with leadership, colleagues, chaplains, employees, and visitors. Demonstrated experience in a fast paced, high-volume environment. Effective communications skills to develop and deliver employee training programs.
Demonstrated skill in working independently and completing assignments with minimal supervision. Must effectively prioritize assignments to complete work in a timely and accurate manner under pressure of deadlines, and with frequent interruptions and competing priorities. Must be able to adjust priorities quickly, multitask and have excellent organizational skills.
Demonstrated skill in analyzing information to define and follow up on issues or objectives. Ability to identify solutions and solve problems.
Demonstrated computer proficiency using Google Suites, Microsoft Office/365, or other equivalent software, internet, email messaging, and web-based software applications.
An undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or business is required. CPA is preferred.
The preferred candidate with a background of providing a real business impact. Displays a strong business acumen, and a style that is proactive and engaging as an accounting leader.
A minimum professional experience of at 3-5 years
Strong grounding in accounting, processes, and controls with earlier experience.
Experience interacting with the other business functions and ability to relate/empathize with the field leaders and Chaplains that are serving our clients.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
“Power User” of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Personal Skills and Attributes:
Clearly aligned with the mission of the organization
Understands how to operate in a collaborative team environment.
A professional of the highest personal integrity who honors his or her commitments and always strives for excellence with a desire to join a faith-based organization.
Region Operations Analyst
Marketplace Chaplains exists to share God’s love in the workplace by providing an employee care service through Chaplain Teams. The Region Analyst position is an entry level full-time position. This position will support multiple field leaders and will report directly to a Regional Executive Vice President. This position is in-office and located in the Marketplace Chaplains’ National Care Center in Plano, Texas.
The person fulfilling this role will be:
• Serving Marketplace Chaplains as an analyst and viable witness of its faith, mission, and purpose. Must agree and abide by Marketplace Chaplains’ Mission Statements, Standards of Conduct, and Articles of Faith which are incorporated in with our employment application. This position ministers to and encourages existing employees and families of the companies we serve, those served or affected by our companies, other chaplains, and other ministry personnel.
• Interacting with Marketplace leadership, companies, their employees, supporters, and the community in a manner that exhibits Christ-character through personal and corporate spiritual disciplines, as an ambassador of faith in Christ.
• Agrees to a complete background check.
• A commitment to, and demonstration of, Christian living, philosophy of life, and belief in Christ and his teachings, in accordance with Marketplace Chaplains’ Articles of Faith and Standards of Conduct and to be publicly and privately supportive of the Christian faith.
• Exhibits exceptional interpersonal relationship and communication skills.
• Language skills and cultural understanding and sensitivity to others, ensuring an ability to clearly communicate. Performs duties consistently, timely, and effectively without close supervision.
Data Analytics, GAP Analysis, Business Consulting
• Act as a trusted advisor to the CEO, C-Suite, Regional Executive and Associated Field leaders on Operational strategies, methods, goals and objectives.
• Conduct regular operational analysis including KPI’s, Metrics, Personnel, Gross Margin and Companies while tracking, compiling, and reporting internal, external and company data for Marketplace Chaplains’ C-Suite, EVPs, and field leaders.
• Create visualizations, dashboards, and reports to measure business effectiveness and present findings.
• Facilitate ongoing critical field data reporting with company touchpoint schedule.
• Maintain excellent knowledge of and proficiency in in-house systems such as CRM and PowerBI, and other platforms necessary to be successful in the role.
• Conduct Operations and Admin-related training for new field leaders.
• Provide ongoing supplemental training for existing field leaders on job-related tasks, applications, and processes, and reports to support the success of their division.
• Provide Tier 1 Technology and systems support to field leaders and Chaplains in the field as required.
• Work in tandem with field leaders to oversee and maintain overall E2E client account management.
• Proactively route information and coordinate assistance for Field leaders to the correct department at the national headquarters.
• Assist EVP in regular communications and process updates for strategic regional business meetings with field leaders.
• Provide a wide range of Field Operations support including serving as the primary communication liaison between Ops field personnel and the National Care Center (corporate) departments.
• Maintain and process all existing Chaplain and field personnel data.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database software.
• Experience working as a collaborative member of an operations team.
• Adaptable to agile systems.
• High attention to detail and organization.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills to convey findings to multi-levels of leadership.
• High Emotional Intelligence.
• Ability to multitask and manage several concurrent projects.
• Preferred experience with Data visualization tools (e.g., PowerBI)
• Preferred experience with Project/Program management.
Specific Disqualifications, in addition to upholding requirements listed above:
• Conduct or views that offend or oppose the precepts of the faith as outlined in Marketplace Chaplains Articles of Faith, Standards of Conduct and Mission Statement.
• Fostering, repeating, advertising, or disseminating views, messages, or statements that conflict with Marketplace Chaplains’ declared mission and beliefs, as doing so will damage the testimony, mission, and goals of Marketplace Chaplains.
This position operates in a professional air-conditioned office environment with exposure to fluorescent and LED lighting as well as VDT illumination. Noise levels are low to moderate.
This role is not generally eligible for remote work, telecommuting, virtual or home-based work.